Saturday, November 17, 2018

lecture 7

Solid works

This week we were introduced to solid works, this followed on well with our induction to the workshop. We looked at how we would be able to create an object that would be ready to 3D printed. The software is definitely a practical one rather than a design one. I found the controls to be quite complicated and it took a while to be able to understand it. 


We started off by following along to theses instruction creating simple shapes but this was an effective activity as it taught me the importance of tools such as the dimension one. As this software is for real world application for things such as 3d printers you have to make sure that your creation is accurate and everything fits together correctly. 










We then took theses shapes and looked at creating something more practical. This exercise was very helpful as I now see that once I have a full products design I would be bale to create it in solid works and print my products out.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Arduino Boards

As I have now decided on a project I have decided to look into Arduino more and how it would be useful from my project and how I can apply i...