Saturday, November 17, 2018

Project Proposal

After researching and planning I have decided that I would like to create a smart feature that would attach on to a smart thermostat. It would sit on the side of someones home and keep track of the temperature. when the temperature drops bellow a point it would send a message to the thermostat to turn the heating on. The main purpose of my product would be to help home owners save energy and make there homes more soft efficient. I think that they best way to achieve this would be to create an Arduino board with a thermometer on it and then have it send the message to the thermostat. I have looked at boards and i would need to create something similar to the image bellow. This would mean in my design process that i would need to create a casing for my board that would allow it to function but also be sealed away and look appropriate,  on the outside of a home. The boards main function would be to detect changes in temperature, so I would need to attach a thermometer that would send the temperature to the thermostat within the home.


Digital Thermometer using Arduino and DS18B20 Sensor
Add caption
  \




















With my product I hope to create a cycle similar to this so that it would save energy within the home. It will allow people to live in more efficient homes, but also save them money on heating bills. By adding my feature to a thermostat it will help to improve by acknowledging when heating is actually needed to be on. For example most are on timers but this may not be efficient as the heat may not be needed at this point.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Arduino Boards

As I have now decided on a project I have decided to look into Arduino more and how it would be useful from my project and how I can apply i...